62-64 Albion Street
Designed in 1883 by William Tadman Foulkes, it was used as jewellery workshop until 2009. An imposing three storey building on Albion Street of Italianate design, it is notable for its distinctive fishscale brickwork.
Currently vacant the project is being converted into a new creative workspace. Works will include repairs to the exterior such as the overhaul of the historic windows, repairs to the roof and some minor repairs to the brickwork . Internally, historic features and spaces will be revealed, with later unsympathetic alterations removed. The project should be complete by Spring 2022. In supporting this project, the JQTH is helping to bring vacant floorspace back into use and safeguarding the future of one of the Jewellery Quarter’s heritage assets.