Originally a pair of three-storey townhouses dating from around 1830, they were converted to industrial use by 1875.
Only No.51 is Grade II listed but alterations to the two houses over one hundred years show the development of the Jewellery Quarter from a residential to industrial area. The house fronting onto Regent Place retains many original residential details including the semi-circular headed doorway, panelled door and sash windows. In the 1870s the buildings were altered to make them more suitable for business and industrial uses. Shop fronts were inserted at ground-floor level with multicoloured brick arches; and a central entrance, now blocked up, was added on the corner. In the first half of the 20th Century all but one of the sash windows facing Vittoria Street were replaced with wider timber casement style windows, set under concrete lintels, as the spaces within became workshops.
The JQTH grant aided works used traditional techniques and materials to repair the exterior of these buildings. In addition to restoring the original architectural details such as the door surrounds and windows to the Regent Place elevation, the works undertaken have ensured the building is sound, wind and watertight through the provision of new rainwater goods and repairs to the roof.